Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Follow-up and other ramblings


It has been a few days since I have posted anything so this update is going to kind of scattered all over the place. First lets start with an update to my MacJournal adventures. After I blogged about tags applied in MJ not being copied to blogger I submitted a bug and Dan Schimpf from MJ got back to me the next day to let me know that is a new feature that will be out in the next point release of MJ. I enjoy when a software is that on the ball with stuff so I went ahead and purchased MJ and will continue to use it. Lets see how that works out.

        Speaking of software, the Omni Group makers of such fine software as Omnigraffle and Omniplan are working on a new piece of software called Omnifocus. It is supposed to help people implement David Allens Getting Things Done (GTD) way of task management. They also hope to have a stripped down version for the iPhone. I am hoping that this is another quality piece of software and can’t wait for it to be released. Plus I’m getting tired of checking there website every half hours like a junkie needing a fix.

        Other fun this week was the complete crash of my hard drive at work with 3 years of work and email stored on it. Yes I know I should have back-ups but my excuse is due to the sensitive nature of my work I didn’t want a lot of copies floating around on the network.....That is my story and I’m sticking with it. While I wait for a new machine at work which could take up to a couple of months I limp along with borrowed equipment and unstable network connections...so much fun.



No comments: