Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vacuum Cleaners

        I must be totally domesticated at this point in my life to be writing a blog entry about buying a new vacuum cleaner (can you believe it ladies, my pale, computer programmer body has already been snatched up, sorry). This all started a few weeks ago when I was doing some house cleaning and noticed that the vacuum’s hose attachment hose had some holes in it and generally it was not providing much in the way of suction. I used some electrical tape to “repair” the hose and I took the vacuum apart to pull all the clogged dog hair out of it. That is when I got the idea to get a new vacuum. After doing some research on the web I decided I was going to be tool of the brain sucking marketing blob and get a Dyson. I figure I already use a mac and drive a bmw so joining the Dyson lunatic fringe wouldn’t be all that traumatic. After I got it home I decided I would do the head-to-head challenge between the Dyson and old vacuum (Eureka I believe). I first vacuumed the floors with the old vacuum and then went over the same area with the Dyson and much to my surprise the Dyson did pick up quite a bit more dirt and dog hair that the Eureka had left behind. Maybe there is some truth to all the hype around them Dysons. The other nice thing is the Dyson should not get clogged up with all the dog hair that normally reeks havoc on our vacuums. As sad as it might seem, this really was the highlight of my day unless you could watching a RAID container rebuild itself over the course of 12 hours because of the scheduled and unannounced power outage.

        Honestly...I promise to hit the fatherhood topic shortly......

1 comment:

Sith Snoopy said...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As the ironically less domestic partner in this marriage, and the pregnant wife of Packetbasher, I do have to admit the Dyson kicks some serious ASS. :) That little vacuum ROCKS!

And the dogs seem a little less inclined to try to bite it. It just doesn't seem as threatening to them for some reason. Although Boss dog does look a little like he's plotting a sneak attack later when we aren't watching. :)